Our Support Services
Levi’s Star is funded by Macmillan to provide a children and young people’s brain tumour outreach support service. We offer support to 0-25 year olds living with the effects of brain tumours.
- Practical and emotional support for children and young people (and families) who have survived a brain tumour.
- Access to an outreach support worker and short term bespoke 1-1 school based intervention with a specialist SEN teacher, for 0-18 year old brain tumour survivors.
- Guidance/training for teachers, SENCOs and the workplace on how best to support children and young people living with the effects of a brain tumour.
- Social events for 18-25 yr old brain tumour survivors.
- Free access arrangement assessments for children and young people within education and the workplace (this is where we assess the child or young person for concessions within exams, for example, reader, scribe or extra time).
- Signposting to other services within your area.
- Access to an outreach worker for 19-25 yr old brain tumour survivors.
We support children and young adults who are receiving, or have completed, treatment for a brain tumour. There is no time limit on the support offered, as we are committed to providing the right support to children, young people and families at a time when they need it.
Where and How?
We work across Yorkshire and welcome referrals from the LGI, other hospitals, social workers, GPs, schools and self-referrals. In short, anyone who has the permission of the parent or carer can refer to us. Please contact Vicky Ringer, Children and Young People’s Brain Tumour Outreach Coordinator, for more information about this service on:
01924 787 368
Vicky Ringer – Specialist SEN Teacher and Service Coordinator, supporting 0-18 yrs
07393 298441 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Claire Dent – Brain Tumour Outreach Worker, supporting 19-25 yrs
07944 181335 or email email@example.com